The Perfect Margarita - Version 3.0
Every time we find ourselves in Mexico we feel the need to perfect our margarita recipe - here's our revised version.
The perfect margarita:
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Simple syrup - water and sugar - (to taste)
- 5oz Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado (Now available in Canada!)
- NOTE: Use 5oz Jose Cuervo Especial as substitute.
- 2oz Damiana liqueur (not available in Canada, we are working on that)
- 2oz of Cointreau (or any orange liqueur)
- 1 1/2 cups of ice
- Add any other flavours you think are suitable - citrus, mango, strawberries - even a chilli for extra spice!
Throw all ingredients into a blender, and blend on high until smooth. Salt the rim of your glass (we use chile salt) and garnish with a fresh lime.
Or - you can just wing it (as we do) with all the ingredients above.
If you like it on the rocks use the mason shaker for the perfect margarita in no time.